Horden Group Practice – Salaried GP
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic salaried GP to join our friendly and well-respected practice team. We are based over 2 sites that are within close proximity of each other. The role is for 4-6 sessions per week based on working days of Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
- The delivery of highly effective medical care to the entitled population
- The provision of services commensurate with the GMS contract
- Generic prescribing adhering to local and national guidance
- Effective management of long-term conditions
- Processing of administration in a timely manner, including referrals, repeat prescription requests and other associated administrative tasks
- On a rotational basis, undertake telephone triage and duty doctor roles
- Maintain accurate clinical records in conjunction with good practice, policy and guidance
- Working collaboratively, accepting an equal share of the practice workload
- Adhere to best practice recommended through clinical guidelines and the audit process
- Contribute to the successful implementation of continuous improvement and quality initiatives within the practice
- Accept delegated responsibility for a specific area (or areas) or the QOF
- Attend and contribute effectively to practice meetings as required
- Contribute effective to the development and maintenance of the practice including; clinical governance, training
- Commit to self-learning and instil an ethos of continuing professional development across the practice team
- Support the partners in achieving the strategic aims of the practice, making recommendations to enhance income and reduce expenditure
- Review and adhere to practice protocols and policies at all times
- Encourage collaborative working, liaising with all staff regularly, promoting a culture of continuous improvement at all times
Horden Group Practice are a 3-partner training practice with 2 sites. Our main site is in Horden and our branch site is in Peterlee. Our team is made up of GPs, GP Registrars, ANP’s, Practice Nurses, Pharmacists and HCA’s who are all supported by our experienced helpful Admin Team. We also have ARRS roles linked to the Surgery.
We have a current list size of around 7600 patients, our senior GP is the Clinical Director for our Primary Care Network, Easington Central.
The applicant should have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be able to provide high quality, patient-centred care. You will work alongside our wonderful team to deliver and develop care relevant to the needs of our patient population in conjunction with organisational, local and national priorities.
Dependant on experience we will offer a competitive salary and NHS pension.
For more information contact Karen Neary 0191 9170217 [email protected]