Westerhope Medical Group – Salaried GP
Salaried GP / GP
(with view to Partnership)
Newcastle upon Tyne
Due to GP Partner retirement Westerhope Medical Group has an opportunity for a motivated and forward thinking GP to join our multi-disciplinary team.
- A supportive team who are committed to high quality patient-centred care whilst recognising the need for a healthy work / life balance.
- The Team includes four GP Partners, five salaried GPs, three Nurse Practitioners, two Clinical Pharmacist, a structured practice nursing team and other non-clinical staff.
- Effective telephone triage by Advanced Clinical Practitioners of same day appointments and home visit requests resulting in low visiting rates and few extras added to surgeries .
- Pharmaceutical support from practice pharmacist and pharmacy technician.
- Fully integrated electronic communication including Emis Web, ICE lab system, GP2GP and electronic document workflow.
- ‘Digitising Records’ system to facilitate paper-light practice status.
- Consistently high QOF achievement.
- Consistently rated as ‘Good’ by CQC
- All out of hours covered by Northern Doctors Urgent Care.
Opportunities and ethos
- An attractive remuneration package including six weeks annual leave plus one week Study Leave.
- Funded training for selected clinical topics.
- Active encouragement of special interests and professional development in order to complement our existing skill set.
- Weekly clinical review discussions with other GPs and Nurse Practitioners for problem cases and referrals
- Working in partnership with Health Education England to provide training for GP Registrars and Newcastle Medical School training medical students (undergraduate and postgraduate).
- Mentorship to newly qualified GP
We are keen to hear from GPs seeking 4-6 clinical sessions per week. We can be flexible due to planned GP changes in the coming months.