Reducing Opiate and Gabapentinoid Prescribing
High prescription rates of Opioids and Gabapentinoids are an issue for many Deep End Practices. We know that prescription rates in the North East correlate with deprivation. The aim of this project is to give GPs protected time to address this, with training and support from GPs who have successfully tackled this issue at their own Deep End Practices.
The Deep End Network will offer:
- 1 session/week for 6 months to backfill a GP to plan and deliver an intervention to reduce their opioid/gabapentinoid prescribing.
- 1 session of training from 2 GPs who have successfully reduced prescribing rates in their own Practices.
- Ongoing mentoring (1 hour/month).
Primary Care Psychology
Funding for a GP clinical psychologist post to cover a minimum of 6 months for a practice to host a psychologist to work a minimum of 2 sessions per week in practice. There is potential to be flexible on the number of sessions and length of pilot depending on interest.
The Deep End GP network will offer:
- Help to identify and fund the clinical psychologist to work in your team.
- Offer support on how to integrate the clinical psychologist into your team.
- Provide clinical supervision for the psychologist (1hr per month).
- Help to evaluate the impact of this intervention for sustainability.
Expressions of Interest
Expressions of interests closed on 1st June. Please check back for future projects.